"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Saturday, September 22, 2012

We made it :)


Oh how we love Ethiopia!  Seriously, it strangely feels like home.  I love the smell- Mike thinks it smells like roasting coffee- it has a burning fire smell.

Once again we could not sleep on the airplane- I basically just pulled 2 all-nighters in a row.
This time leaving Dubai I had a window seat and I was in awe!!  I knew Dubai was a city of sky skrapers on the florecent blue Persian Gulf and that was neat BUT with no clouds in the sky we were able to see the miles and miles of open dessert this time.  Nothing but golden rippled sand and dunes forever.  It was so cool to see.

Once we checked into our room Mike crashed and he's down for the count.  I just ordered a plate a of rice and veggies for myself and then Im praying that I will be able to sleep till morning.

The driver who picked us up at the airport works for the orphanage.  He told us that everytime he pulls in there, the twins run up to him and ask him when we are coming.  He told us that they were very eager!
But he took one look at us and said that we should go see them in the morning- we need some sleep!

Unfortunatley we could not argue with that.  He is picking us up Sunday morning at 9am to go to the orphanage.
Cant wait!!!



No comments: