"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday

 We all slept in till 8:30- the best sleep we've ever had.  We greeted them with bonked pillows over their heads :)  They make their beds and tidy up like little army people- they remind me of Sova- always tidying and lining their things up on their beds in perfect order.  Last night they wouldnt eat dinner so I was happy they ate breakfast...although today they chose to skip lunch.  Even though we are in Ethiopia, most restaurants cater to English food choices- lesson learned they are not pizza kids yet.  I was told to pick up a spice here called, 'berber.'  It's spicy and ethiopians love it.  Another adoptive family said they would have to sprinkle it on their kids grapes and cherrios to get them to eat!  Tomorrow we go spice hunting! 
 This sweet baby is name Leah. Her mom is traveling alone here and LOVES the twins help.  Whenever we are out together you will find Leah in Helen's arms- including feeding her, burping her and getting her to sleep!

 Wish we brought more games...there's alot of shoots and ladders and bingo going on around here!
Which makes me realize how precious this time is.  With 5 kiddos- this 2 on 2 time is priceless!
Durring lunch the girls looked like they were about to fall asleep in their un-touched pizza.  I recalled that for the past several months in the orphanage they were taking naps along w/ the other kids every afternoon.  I thought I'd give it a try.  I pulled back their covers, put some books on their beds and then we layed down and read ourselves.  They copied us and within minutes they were sleeping!  Mike left the room and when Helen woke up I motioned for her to come join me in my big bed.  A huge smile came across her face and she cuddled right up next to me and layed on my shoulder.  We did an 'Eye Spy' book together, drew pictures and she let me play with her hair.  Im soooooo greatful that they not only enjoy this attention...they crave it.  It's still awkward because they are still so shy which makes us feel like we need to give them space...but as soon as we take them leap and reach out affectionatley they light up.  They love cracking up at Mike but who wouldnt when a 6'2' man is doing head stands on the bed and montioning for them to come join him!  They stare at him w/ huge smiles and I cant imagine what must be going through their brains (yes- really...if they run away I will blame Mike)   
For dinner tonight they ate like champs...I think I need some ethiopian cooking lessons.

Tomorrow morning is our embassy appointment!!!

No comments: