"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Wednesday, March 6, 2013

touchdown in Addis!

My husband along w/ 4 other guys from our church are in Ethiopia for 12 days.
I'm living through them right now.

There were some mixed reactions from the twins about daddy going back to Ethiopia.  One of them was having a really hard time the day he left and finnaly she said,

"mommy, when daddy come back- he'll look different!"
  I was so confused and reassured her that daddy will look the same when he returns.

She said, "No!  When Azmera (birthmom) go to hospital and I no see her for long time- she come home- I go home to see her- I walk out crying because she no look like my mom!  I said, 'you not look like my mom! See!  Daddy come home as different daddy!"

Wow- what to say to that.  These girls have been through so much and I still have no idea of what crazy ideas and concepts are floating around in their heads.  Our realities are just so different- it's hard to reassure kids who came from hard places.

Her sister chimed in, "It's ok daddy go- he go help- he go do God's work!"

Amen!

PS. Mike please dont get too tan, cut your hair or loose any weight for the sake of your daughter!


Here's the team's blog to see updates!

http://www.helpkorah.org/

No comments: