"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home!

So we've been back for 1 day- kind of feels alot longer than that though!

The flight home definatly was not as bad- it felt longer but at least we were able to sleep through alot of it.  Even our 5 hour layover in Dubai- I was amazingly able to sleep in a chair for most of the time. 

The moment when the kids flung through the door was awesome.  Mike was in the backyard so I had all 3 clinging on me like little monkeys.  Jacob was of course wipeing tears away like his mama :)
It's crazy what 10 days could be like for people who are usually around eachother All day long!

Even tonight after I tucked them in Jacob came out asking if I can lay with him because 'he still fells like he misses me.'  While we laid together he started crying telling me how much he missed us...I feel like he had to be so strong all that time and was finnaly able to just let it out now that we were home!  I hope our next trip will be a bit shorter for the kids sake...

We abolutlely Love Ethiopia.  Yes there is extreme poverty every where you look- but there is so much beauty there too.  The people are very warm and open.  I already miss it and cant wait to go back!

On paper we are told that the Visa's will be ready in 2-4 months.  I complelety ignore that later number and have been focusing on the '2.'   BUT when I spoke to our agency guy in Ethiopia and told him we hope we will be back in October- he told me he thinks that we have good chances of getting called back in Septemeber!  He's only guessing but he is the 'insider' so Im gonna go w/ his guess!

I also wanted to say thank you so much for everyone's excitement and kind words to us while we have been on this journey.  We've had so much nervousness, worried thoughts and even hesitations along the way- but having our family and friends walking these steps w/ us encouraging us and getting excited with us...it really means so much to us- it's a huge blessing to have you guys with us!  God had directed this path from the beginning and I'm praying for this completion to come quickly! 







No comments: