"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Monday, June 22, 2009

2 days after NH I took Jacob and Sova to Rhode Island to meet up w/ Sova's friend and her family who adopted w/ us last August. This is the 2nd time the girls have met up since India but the 1st time they spoke English to eachother. A month ago they talked on the phone...it was a pretty hilarous conversations: "what's ya doin Shas?"
"(giggles) your funny Sova"
Repeat 20X and ended w/ the 2 of them singing 'Jesus Loves Me' to eachother :) That night I heard Sova talking in her sleep to Shas!


It was the day before Shas's 5th B-day...that was special. They had so much fun running around the sand together. Last time we saw them Sova did not want to leave Shas and cried getting in the car- Shas remembers this and was nervous that Sova was going to cry again but after lots of hugs Sova said, "Ummm I come and sleep over your house tomorrow! Bye!"
Jacob's B-day Party...
'the great campout' ...was a success even if it was raining!
My mother-in law's AMAZING homemade cake!
It was awesome...(THANKS Mary! :)
AND...
I had to throw this one in here!
When I was 3, my family had one of these photos taken and I always loved it...
I was so excited to do this on vaction...it was our last day and Caleb just wanted to get out of the place, Jacob was beyond thrilled to be holding a Real gun that was heavy, and Sova- I think was just plain confused as to what we were doing! I took a picture of the actual picture we bought so this doesnt do justice...I love it :) The boys (including Mike) really wanted to do the coyboy theme but Sova and I were not impressed w/ the cowgirl get-up...thus we are the Southern Belles who found some wandering cowboys...

1 comment:

Sarah Torchio said...

love the picture! lol That cake looks awesome!!!!! She is VERY talented!!!