"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Wednesday, April 1, 2009

That Little Boy of Mine

Two eyes that shine so bright, Two lips that kiss goodnight, Two arms that hold me tight, That little Boy of mine. No one could ever know how much your coming has meant. Because I love you so, you're something heaven has sent. You're all the world to me. You climb upon my knee. To me you'll always be, That little boy of mine.


I read this poem in a Dobsen book and got all teary (doesnt take much anyways though:)
I thought of Jacob and how BIG he is is getting! He is 5 but he is so grown up in many ways- including his height of course :)
Yet I cherish the fact that he still fights for my lap when I read books to the kids, he like to cuddle up next to me when he reads to me (what a treat that is now!) and when we get silly and dance to music he loves to dance w/ me in my arms still.
As you can see- it looks ridiculous, but I know one day he will have his final dance w/ me on his wedding day and I will look back on these days where I held my long and lanky boy...





No comments: