"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank you! (pasta dinner benefit)

Im a little late here posting about the sucess of the pasta dinner benefit...but what a night!
I cant believe how smooth and actually 'easy' that was :)  I did a lot of needless worrying I must confess.  I dont like organizing events- I become a bit too focused and think too much about it.
Jacob and I spent the whole day at the church setting up and making it look good. 
We could not have pulled this off w/out the help of sooo many, once again.  We owe so much thanks to all who helped out...especially the amazing Miano's who cooked up their delicious homemade sauce and were a God send in the kitchen to us!
There were some really great raffles and  last minute Don put together an adoption DVD that streamed all evening- video clips of us meeting Sova-Grace for the 1st time and some really great adoption videos I found off youtube. 
We were really hoping to share our vision and God's call to adoption that night and I'm pretty sure that was successful...
We raised $3500 in one evening and are feeling so greatful and blessed by everyones's generosity.
Thanks to all who came out...it was a great night!


No comments: