"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT"...Proverbs 24:12
















Thursday, November 15, 2012

Elevators

This afternoon I was rushing into the social security office building- just focusing on getting in and out as quick as possible with my 'crew'...I pressed the button for the elevator not even thi...
nking...could you just imagine the girls surprise when the wall opened up and a tiny room appeared! They very hesitatingly followed us into the elevator- and one of them said, "What is this?"
Before I could answer we started going up- they screamed and clung on me- they were scared silly, and I felt so bad that I didnt prepare them. The door opened to a room full of people across the hall. The other 3 kids filed out but the twins were scared to step over the small slot at the entrance of the elevator. I had to pull them out and one of them had to bend over and catch her breathe and the other was about to loose her lunch! They were so confused at what just happened- how they got to this new room- but I was not up for the
charades in front of the folks already staring at us in the waiting room.

45 minutes later- one frazzled mama and 5 bored/tired kids walked out of that office. I could not see the stairwell and a woman was holding the elevator for us- the younger 3 ran in the elevator and the twins froze protesting. The door closed w/out me and the twins- and the younger 3 screamed as if they were going to be brought to the other side of the world once the door closed! (Im sure the screams behind that big closed door did not help the girls!) The woman inside eventually got the door back open and I stepped in with the girls on my limbs. I had no words left to even explain to the open-mouthed stranger why we looked like a traveling circus. Neverless, we all got our exercise walking up several flights of parking garage stairs!

There have been quite a few times when I felt the need to make some type of card to flash at strangers who are staring- not in a bad way- just a confused trying to figure it out way. The 1st park experience was indeed one of those times.
The girls wanted to go down the big enclosed slide but were too scared. There was a line of pre-schoolers waiting for these big girls to get their courage up to go down the slide!
"Come on, just go" chanted my 4 year old nephew!
I ended up having to rescue them and we formed a 'train' and slid down together. They were laughing hysterically and the parents at them bottom just looked confused at us...the card flashing came to mind when I came down the slide w/ my big girls screaming!

That was fun for them though...the elevators...not so much!

No comments: